The film industry is a major part of many economies and, like other artistic mediums, it reflects and anticipates the culture surrounding it. Now, independent films (those made outside of well-established studios) are having a larger effect on audiences because they can examine themes and ideas beyond what the big studios decide to finance.
Respond to the following questions:
- How often do you see films?
- Do you view films in a theatre or on other digital media?
- What genre/kind of films do you like?
- Comment on the role of films to entertain and inform.
- What is your favorite film of all time? Why?