Characteristics of youth and their needs
- Independence: Youth in our community strive for greater independence, it’s often tied to their need to explore, learn, and gain a sense of autonomy which refers to the ability to make independent decisions and have control over their own actions, choice, and life.
- Accessibility: Youth facing difficulty with excess technology resources due to the remote rural areas they are located in.
- Creativity: The need for our youth to be self-expression, develop personal growth and abilities to create innovative ideas.
- Resilience: Youth facing challenges and trying to overcome their own challenges . Due to the extent to which their needs are met or unmet it varies depending on their upbringing and experience. This characteristic is often a result of learning to cope with unmet needs and adverse situations they went through.
- The need for counselor
Peer Relationships:Youth trying to build and maintain positive relationships with peers in their own social development. Youth often seek out friendships and social connections as they navigate their way through adolescence…
- Adaptability: Youth’s adaptability to different situations in our rural communities can be shaped by their experiences in meeting various needs and adjusting to changing circumstances
- Entrepreneurship - The need for our youth to be self-sufficient with basic and soft skills of entrepreneurship.
- Vocational training for trade skills
- Transportation and feeder roads to those farmers in the rural interior of Fiji.
- Stable market prices vary for kava farmers. They need basic training on how to diversify their land for inter-cropping rather than depending on one crop. Government and stakeholders assistance will be much appreciated.
9.The needs for social media marketing skills
- Rural electrification