CS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 3 Forum

True, these teachers are the fundamental strength of delivery the knowledge to the learners.

2 Likes

Agree with you, the quiz responses are not stored in the moodle.

2 Likes

As a teacher my job is to remind and encourage my students to find what they are passionate about. To continually see the best and the potential in my students so that I can help them become all that they can be, both in and out of the classroom. I want to be that stable and constant voice in their lives that speaks to their confidence, their goodness, and to become their activist because I believe in every child’s worth.
For my online teaching and learning I would use both because of the context that I am in.

1 Like

Hi
Indeed teacher’s are fundamental to daily teaching. Every teacher should aim to holistically develop a child.
Being a teacher I learn everyday and aim to share my knowledge with my student’s. I really feel blessed to deliver the knowledge to my children and allow them to have hand’s on experience through practical classes.

Hi
Totally agree with you. Every teacher needs to deliver information as best to students level. More of student centered learning should be incorporated to facilitate better class room learning.

1 Like

Hi
These days we all learn through internet and online mode.

1 Like

Exciting comments are coming through about our multifaceted profession, and I am keen to hear “Why you decided to become a teacher?”

3 Likes

Well to begin with,I always had this admiration for teachers as to the way they dress,so formal and the way they speak,humbly and with love and the way they approach to you in your times of need and sorrows. Together with this,I’ve always loved to speak english and seeing these as I grew up,it was motivating. Its a dream come true because we get to be with children,we have fun P.E lessons and most of all we need to have our ethics.

2 Likes

As a teacher, I need to create a memorable, meaningful and engaging experience as per student’s success and satisfaction with the required tools they need in order to achieve their education and career goals.
Out of my teaching, I expect my students to be more comfortable, confident and be able to navigate the course and locate information effectively.
Some of the active learning techniques could be Think-Pair-Share, Peer assessment, one-minute paper, case-base learning, structured debates with Question and Answer sessions.
Feedbacks / Emails / Announcements / Zoom lessons could also be used to keep in touch with the students.
Both Synchronous and asynchronous learning environments can be made possible through above techniques. Synchronous will be more informal and in-person whereas asynchronous deals with online/automated feedback.

4 Likes

Good to note that you admire the way teachers dress. However, we never ought to judge a book by its cover. In other words, not so well dressed ones might be more knowledgeable than those in tip-top…LOL…
It’s also good to note your interest in P.E. lessons. Each child has a hidden talent in him/her. We just need to tap them at the right time. The least expected child can win a GOLD medal in the Olympics…never know

3 Likes

100% agreed
We need to find out our student’s potential and boost their morale and confidence especially during this COVID crisis.

1 Like

We can use Google Forms to create and administer online quizzes. It is a free, easy to use online tool which enables us to create any type of question (multiple choice, checkbox, drop down list, linear scale, date & time, short answer, paragraph, etc). Its data storing and managing features help in better organisation and is easy to share and collaborate on.

1 Like

True but its just the formality in dressing code thai i admired and you’re right.

1 Like

Well said, respect and dignity gives inspiration and builds positive attitude, motives students and provides the needed support and develops confidence to progress and prosper regardless how weak a student is.

1 Like

I believe that the teacher is the one who plans the learning process,helping students learn by imparting knowledge to them and by setting up a situation in which students can and will learn effectively. We have to keep in mind that we are teaching them so that they can go out and survive in the outside world.I always hear back in my days at teaching college that we are the Jack of all trades meaning when we are in the classroom we are the moms,dads, nurse, policeman etc, etc, etc. I have a dream that when I retire and old … maybe, maybe one day that one out of the hundreds that I have taught in my years of teaching will come up and say that I was his/her teacher and have impacted his /her life or I was his/her no. 1 teacher.
So whatever we use depending on the demographic location we still have an impact on the children that we teach.

2 Likes

In my teaching profession, except for new intakes for start of a career, I deal mostly with adults, thus adult learning attributes play a pivotal role in my profession, Portraying simple and good attributes of a good teacher or Instructor, the likes of giving the required respect and professionalism would provide the same reciprocation. All need to be treat equally and fairly. I am the coach, mentor, friend, guider, counsellor, motivator and evaluator overall referred to as the “guru” for your students and participants development.
To achieve the required outcomes, I need to prepare well, plan the required deliverables and execute the required learning to the required standards to achieve the required results.
Some active learning techniques used are group discussions or activities, case studies, assignments, online quiz, question and answer sessions simulations and projects.
Feedbacks / Emails / Announcements / Zoom lessons could also be used to keep in touch with the students.
Both Synchronous and asynchronous learning environments can be made possible through above techniques. Synchronous will be more informal and in-person or group dissuasions whereas asynchronous deals with online/automated feedback which can be tailored to suit ones or groups schedules.

5 Likes

Teachers adapt to various roles in different situations during the class or even outside of the class. Apart from planning, preparing and delivering lessons, teachers also take the lead roles of the parents in schools as well. They provide morale support and discipline amongst the students.
I feel the students should get quality learning contents of the curriculum ,must learn to get to make an impact on lives of people in the society by improving and maintaining their well -being.
For active learning both synchronous and asynchronous techniques to be used for effective interaction and learning.

2 Likes

As an educator, I ought to make a paramount, significant, and engaging experience as per students’ success and satisfaction with the desired tools they require to achieve their education and career objectives. It’s overwhelming to see students, we teach achieving success in life as they move forward and achieve their goals while continuing to thrive for the best.

Out of my educating, I anticipate my understudies to be more comfortable, certain and be able to explore the course and find data successfully. While not just memorizing but understanding the concepts taught, which can be applied in their professional and personal lives.

Some of the active learning techniques which I would like to employ for my online course in both synchronous and asynchronous environments include one-minute paper, Jisaw, case-based learning, peer assessments, structured debates, and Think-pair-share.

The communication tools that will be used include emails, announcements, feedback & grades, and office hour’s questions & answer sessions will also be utilized to keep in touch with the understudies and enhance their learning.

Both synchronous and asynchronous learning environment can be made conceivable while utilizing these techniques. This will significantly assists the understudies because of distinctive learning capabilities.

4 Likes

I agree. Teachers plays a crucial part in students personal and professional growth.

1 Like

Yes i totally agree. It’s overwhelming to see students, we teach achieving success in life as they move forward and achieve their goals while continuing to thrive for the best.

1 Like