Use of learning and data analytics

After the Mid-Year results, the students, results have been inconsistent. As per our students performance it indicates a trend of student’s negative attitude to submission of formative assessment such assignment or project done individually or in pairs. The Homeroom teachers conducted one on one counselling with both parents and students and signed behaviour contracts to monitor attendance. This strategy has resulted in steady improvement in academic results. However, the slower learners with learning difficulties require extra support and time for remedials and extended learning support after school hours.

Upon analyzing test scores of my Students in Numeracy have shown a consistent improved pattern.
In addition,across all other subjects,scores shown displays major improvements from my Basic Learners to my Advanced Students.

However,there are still more action needed to improve Students performance by:

• making the classroom= motivation station
    -set attainable targets
  • more parental engagement
    -offer extra lessons to Basic Learners
    -provide Students with incentive
    -continue with the positivity classroom environment,emphasizing that all Students are unique and learn at different levels.
  1. The subject area that I have chosen is Literacy. The scores of learners is going up. The number of learners scoring above 50% is also improving. Learners who were not able to write 6 months ago are able to write on e or two sentences.
  2. Different subject areas
    Numeracy
    Pattern is passing learners has improved. Even those who had been passing 6 months ago has improved in regards to their score. Few who were scoring below 50% has gone above 50%.
    Vernacular
    Number of learners passing has improved. Even the class average has gone up.
    Action to improve performance
    Give more learner-centred activities.
    Design an intervention plan.
    Create a learning environment.
    Keep a track of students attendance through femis to monitor their behaviour.
    Give positive feedback to motivate learners.

While examine students marks on Literacy, I found that there is a huge improvement. Few students were still struggling, I believe, consistent intervention is needed.

Upon analyzing my exam result of my class, the performance of learners in literacy has improved. Through that overall class percentage is also going up. This suggests that the teaching and learning strategies being used in literacy are effective.
More focus is needed for numeracy because it has been noticed that students struggle in this subject more. To improve students performance as a teacher we need to prepare a balanced task to cater all grade learners. More intervention is needed according to the level of students. More hands on activities should be given so that students are able to connect mathematics with real life situations for their better understanding.

Examining mathematics score of students over the past 6 months shows that most students are not performing well with low marks but only few did well and meet the expectations. This area needs to be improved by doing the following;

1. Deliver and explain the content effectively to the learning level of every learners to helps them understand better.

2. Make corrections to help students know their mistakes for personal feedback and adjustments

3. Assess students according to their learning level and grade to which they can be able to do.

Also in other subjects the pattern shows that students are scoring low marks and are not performing well especially in English or language . This shows that the students cannot read and comprehend English very well. Which they found difficulty with their performance not only in English but other subjects also. In order to improve their learning in all subjects they need to improve in English first. Some of the ways were we can help the students improve are as follows;

1. Provide and allow every students to read books and give feedback based on what they read. This helps them to understand and have more knowledge to what they read and know.

2. Provide alot of essay writing activities to improve their thinking capabilities and opens their mind to do things critically and differently.

3. Strictly allow every students to communicate in English. This helps improves their knowledge in understanding English and using English.

If these improvements are made i believe students will performed and score very well in English, Mathematics and other subjects to the level of our expectations.

The assessments conducted during the lesson provides feedback to the learners so that they can effectively construct their knowledge. When formative and summative examination is conducted the performance of students are analyzed. The marks of the students are written and percentage pass for the subjects and class is also identified. During the analysis the strengths and weaknesses of the examination is noted with the names of students progressed and students who need more attention. The remedial activities of the examination are prepared after the students have completed their paper correction where remedial activities consist of questions where many students made mistakes. It enables to improve the performance of students who need more attention where they can reflect from their understanding and improve their mistakes. When results are analyzed for the examination the trend shows that the results are improving as the assessment is conducted since the students are provided with remedial activities on the questions that they made mistakes.

When the assessment results are analyzed the percentage pass of the subjects and class is identified. The performance of the previous assessment is also analyzed to determine if the students have improved from the previous assessment. The patterns determined from the previous assessments revealed that students are improving. The performance of students can further improve by assisting the students who make mistakes during the assessment. When different strategies are utilized students can identify their weakness and improve on the topics they need more support. The remedial activities and individual intervention plan can be used to assist students who need more support to improve their result. When students prepare for the examination they can be guided before the examination so that they can improve the previous result when they continue with their learning.

Over the past 6 months, the performance in Numeracy has improved. Some students are showing interest and the same set of students are excelling. There are some basic skills and knowledge which our students are lacking nowadays to be efficient in the classroom. Different levels of interventions strategies are planned by teachers to cater every individual in the classroom but it is entirely upon the students how they react to their learning. Teachers are doing their uttermost to help their students but the students attitude to learning plays a biggest role in the learning process.
In other subjects, patterns have also emerged where some students excel while others may face challenges. To improve performance, it is important to identify the specific areas where students are struggling and provide targeted support. This could include additional practice, one-on-one assistance, or differentiated instruction to meet individual needs. Creating a positive and supportive learning environment can also help motivate and engage students, leading to improved performance across all subjects.

In the past few months, the performance in Literacy has improved. Students who are showing interest are progressing well. This shows that the teaching and learning strategies being used are effective. However, there are some basic skills and knowledge which are lacking in our students to be efficient in the classroom. Also in other subjects it is noted that some students excel while some face challenges.

To improve on the above, interventional activities are planned to cater for all different level of learners. More hands on activities to be given so that children learn better by doing things themselves. It is also important to find the areas where students may find difficulty in and try to guide and support. The child can be given individual attention or different strategies can be practiced to meet the needs. As teachers we also need to provide a safe, positive and supportive learning environment so that children feel as home in school thus learning would take place.

Assessment were taken on literacy. That is reading assessment. Thirty books are available according to reading levels. Reading levels increases as performances improves.

interventional activities are planned to cater for all different level of learners. More hands on activities to be given so that children learn better by doing things themselves. It is also important to find the areas where students may find difficulty in and try to guide and support.

I see that most of the participants have sound mastery of the concept of assessment, and why it is necessary to assess learners. As one of you aptly put it, assessment in education involves the process of collecting and evaluating information about a learner’s performance - the knowledge, skills, and abilities gained as a result of the learning process. I am glad that you appreciate the importance of assessing learners at various stages of a course, including pre-assessment (before learning begins), formative assessment (during the learning process), and summative assessment (at the end of a course or unit). You also pointed out that you assess learners to determine how well they are meeting specific learning objectives and standards, to provide feedback for improvement, to guide instructional decisions, and to evaluate the overall effectiveness of teaching and curriculum.

In this Unit, you also commented on the importance of designing rigorous assessment tasks that are in line with the Bloom’s Taxonomy. Again, well done to those who were able to meaningfully reflect on how they have assessed before and saw how they can improve the design of their assessment tasks as a result of what they learnt in this Unit.
I see that there is no answer posted on the Unit assignment in Moodle. Before you move on to Unit 3, make sure you post your Unit assignment in Moodle.

After the data is analyzed there was slight improvements by fast learners while slow learners were fluctuating and find difficulties to master the concept.

1. After analyzing my assessment results in Maths over the past 6 months, I have noticed that the results were fluctuating. Challenging students scores dropped significantly as a result students were irregular to school. Additionally students find the subject Challenging and stay less focused during lesson time when concept are being taught. Most of the time students are spoon feed by the teacher during lessons as they hesitate to try on their own.

2. However, compared to other subjects such as English and MCE the student’s results were really impressive. On of the major factor that contribute is the use of smart TV installed in our classroom whereby students drill on Jolly phonics daily. This improves students letter and sound blendings, reading and comprehending as a result assist students to build their speaking, writing, viewing and reading skills.

In the past 6 months, it has been noticed that more students tend to progress in their performance while few persist steady in their marks.

Some of the ways were we can help the students improve are as follows:

• Give positive feedback to motivate learners.
  • Design an intervention plan.
  • Set targets

The students performance has improved for some students, however, some did not meet up to the expectation. Those whose performance improved, did really well and continue to progress. The others need extra support and guidance to enable them to reach to the goal.

Thank you facilitator, @DeepakPrasad .This exercise exposes active and lively teachers vs inactive and take easy-type of teachers. I taught for years, unfortunately have never thought of assessing my test scores as in the context of the lesson. All I know, from past teaching experience, I have learners of best, good, not too good and even failures in all the years of my teaching. I may be lucky find and collect my test scores for that period of - a typical of inactive teacher!
I will neverles do try and collect data of such (might use other teachers data), and about time share this knowledge to my fellow teachers so I can see the pattern for further necessary actions, improvement or constructive teaching and learning assessment.:writing_hand::memo::person_raising_hand:

After analyzing the test score of my students in Numeracy, I can see the score of learners has been mixed where some of the students achieve high scores and some with lower score. I can notice that my teaching strategies are effective to my fast learners except my slow learners. It is important or to identify areas where my slow learners are struggling and then provide aition support with lots of resources to help them improve.

In other subjects, also have the same result were. some of the students excel while some are struggled. To improve the performance of my students across different subjects, I need to analyze the performance pattern and take appropriate actions. Identify all the areas that students are struggling with and then take action by more support in guiding in provide lots of resources.

The subject area that I have chosen is Literacy. Currently, Years 1-3 do not have any form of assessment except literacy and numeracy pre and post test. The performance pattern that I have noticed from pre assessment to post assessment shows that there is improvement noted as of the whole class , using the criteria given by the MOE on the reading levels. It is easy to see the trends when we put data on a graph for the year level but grouping data does not focus on individual child. I also try to use graph for individual child from one assessment to another to better gauge their performance.
To improve on the performance, i focus on individual needs of the child and provide intervention with a variety of activities that meets the needs of that child.

Being a primary school teacher, I am taking all the subjects. Mathematics ,English, Elementary science,Healthy living Social studies and Vernacular.
However I have chosen Mathematics as the subject area to examine the test score of the learners for past six months.Initial marks of the students were very low but as the academic year progressed some students are attaining better marks and some still need guidance. Gradual increase in students marks can be seen. However there are some areas in mathematics where students need more guidance and intervention.concepts that students understand well are attempted well whereas the concepts that students find difficult are poirly attempted by the students.
The other subjects also show the same pattern where gradual improvement is noted in students scores. Progress is noted in all subject areas.Students are perfor.ing better in general subjects and English compared to mathematics.

I looked at the short test 1 and short test 2 marks. Unfortunately, there was a decrease in the average test mark. This indicates 2 things. Firstly, students do not wish to learn from their mistakes after receiving feedback. Secondly, they are not able to understand the challenging concepts later during the semester because they do not know the basics.

I have tried teaching concepts through solving problems and this has shown improvements for few students but the effect is too small when compared to the performance of the whole class.