Principles of staff recruitment

I am confident that the recruitment procedures at my institution strongly adhere to ILO Standards. I would rate it a 6. For every position, the ads are made and more than enough time is given for due date. So this shows that there is no collusion to favour a certain applicant. The recruitment process is transparent and equitable. The interview process is robust and at the same time fair. Each candidate is critically reviewed and only the most suitable candidate for the job is selected.

Having read through the ILO principles of staff recruitment, generally speaking my school meets principles 1 to 5 though I would rate it at 5 out of 6 as I reflected that the 6th is one that is missing from the current principles of staff recruitment.

The recruitment process followed by my organisation is very much in line with the ILO. It ensures fair and non-discriminatory hiring practices, provides equal opportunities for all candidates, and respecting workers’ rights. This includes promoting diversity, offering fair wages and benefits, providing a safe and healthy work environment.
I will give rating of 6 because the recruitment process is conducted in a fair and transparent manner.

As I reflect on the ILO principles of staff recruitment and then comparing it to my institution’s policy on staff recruitment I then rated it according to myself to be 6 out of 6.
My reason on this because as I read through the ILO principles I can reflect on my own institution it is very similar. However, disparities may come through executing these principles in carrying out the recruitment process.

My organisation has complied with the ILO principles however, sometimes there are weaknesses in the recruitment process which result in under performance of staff because they are not experienced or not suited for the job or there is an attitude problem.
I would rate the HR practice 5.

The ILO meets most of the principles as equal opportunities are given for vacant positions . The required qualification is verified before appointment.
I would rate 5 HR at my organization is very good

I totally support with most of the ILO principles mentioned. Most of it practiced is very similar to my institution. All the information of employment conditions is clear, comprehensive, appropriate, relevant, accurate and transparent hence this promotes fairness ensuring employees understanding their rights and responsibilities.
I would rate 5 out of 6.
Reason:

• Well aligned and shows fairness.
  • Clear and understandable Terms and Conditions in place.
  • Identification of safe and unbiased environment.
  • It is transparent and equitable.

In relation to the policies and regulations for staff recruitment, I can rate the 2nd, 3rd and 5th policies and regulations as stated in the ILO regulations as 6. This is rated as 6 because staff’s right to participate and to share ideas during staff meetings are respected, policies stated in the National Condition of service have a right to refer to, and all policies and regulations apply to all staff.

1st regulation’s rate is 5. This applies to this rate because teaching staff have no right as teachers to work according to their paid working hours. If they were given extra duties during weekends, their attendance affect their performance.

4th regulation rated 4 because the qualification seems not considered first instead the period of service in the school is recognized first.

6th regulation rated 5 as written contract only issued if you were given a permanent post but not to contract or temporary staff.

7th regulation rated 5 with a reason that staff especially teachers were given tasks outside teaching and learning tasks which could let them stay in the school after working hours. For me this is an act of abuse because they are given as part of duties without given over time allowance but most importantly reducing their free time.

Fiji generally respects the right to collective bargaining in the education sector. The International Labor Organization (ILO) provides principles and guidelines for fair and ethical labor practices. While the ILO principles are generally focused on broader labor practices, they can be applied to various sectors, including education. The following are the ILO principles and an assessment of how staff recruitment practices in Fijian schools might align with them: Freedom of Association and the Effective Recognition of the Right to Collective Bargaining: Practice in Fiji Schools: Teachers and staff in Fiji typically have the right to join teachers’ unions and engage in collective bargaining.

Rating of organization HR Practice 5 oyt of 6 (Excellent).

The organization demonstrates a strong commitment to respecting human rights, complying with labor regulations, and maintaining transparency in recruitment processes. Clear employment terms and access to grievance mechanisms are also in place. The reason for not giving the organization a perfect score is that there is always room for improvement, and the organization should continuously strive to enhance its recruitment practices to better meet the ILO principles. Regular evaluations and fine-tuning of these processes would help the organization move closer to an “excellent” rating. Reasons for the Rating: While the organization’s HR practices align well with the ILO principles for fair recruitment, there is always room for improvement.

I believe that the recruitment process followed by my institution is not fully aligned to the IOL standard and I think i will rate them as 3. Its not safe in applying and getting a vecant position where too much biased is been practiced. Whom you know system is common in my institution. More efforts and focused needs to be given on this area in order to iligned with international labour standards to improve HR practices to ensure fairness and quality treatment to all employers.

In many open schools, the main challenge is getting staff that is well-versed with how open school learners learn and how they should be supported to learn independently. So, whilst your staff recruitment processes may be good, you need to have a systematic way of developing your staff in open schooling approaches.

The recruitment of staffs meets most of the principles as equal opportunity is given for vacant position . The required certificate is verified before appointment.
I can rate 5 HR at my organization is very good.

In our mainstream school the staff is made of both Overseas contract officers and national teachers. The Overseas Contract officers recruitment is done by the NDOE whilst the national officers is done by the Teaching Services Commission who is the Employer. I believe the ILO procedures and guidelines are upheld by the employer. Consequently, the appointment of teachers to respective school is down the by the District Education Services and there are flaws as school administrators and Board of Governors provide their recommendation lists of which teachers to be retained in schools. Whilst the recommendation is provided based on appraisals there are bound to be biases and nepotism of which teachers to retain and those to be recommended for transfer out . I would rate 4 for my organisation as been fair.

The practices in my organisation meets the principles as recruitment is based on the qualifications required by the job.The job description and qualification required are advertised and candidates have equal opportunities to apply. The workers (teachers) are also free to voice their grieviences to concerned authorities using the proper channel. The terms and conditions are also clear and the teachers are also aware of the General Orders and Code of Ethics.
I would rate the HR peactice of my organization as 5.

I am sure that my organization has and have been following the same principles given.
I would rate our organization by 4. I believe there is always room for development

My organisation does meet the ILO principles.
I will rate my organisation 5 out of 6.
However, there needs to be a room for improvement in fairness, equality and safety for all workers.

1. I strongly believe that the recruitment process followed in our organization adheres to the ILO principles for fair, just and diversify recruiting efforts.

2. I would rate our organization 5 out of 6 which I believe indicated that there are still more room for improvement.

1. Most of the practices in my organization meet the principles of ILO. However, there are few things which I feel is unfairly conducted into the organization.
  2. Ratings: 5/6
  3. Reasons for rating:
    • Salary bands – Performance based but only handful of teachers got the bonus through myApa
    • Secondary school teachers were posted to primary schools to teach (All KLA’s) on the other hand primary school teachers will never be allowed to teach secondary school because of subject matter.
    • Abolishment of contract system under current government
    • Open Merit System – this process was once used to recruit AHT/HoS/HoD’s/AP/VP/Principal whereby most of the teachers got the leadership post without proper knowledge about the leadership roles and responsibilities. Furthermore, the system was abolished with the change of the government.
    • Unfair Distribution of Teachers –Some of the schools in Fiji are understaffed whereby some schools are overstaffed.

Practices in both the organisation meet because the terms and conditions exists in both place. Policies for the betterment of the teachers are placed in both organistaion.
I would rate the HR practices in my orgainsation 5 out of 6. The reason for my rating is that both the organisations has regulations intact for the benefits of the educators. I suggest that some practices should be there related to the rights of teachers.

The recruitment process followed in my organization has been following the same principles given. I would rate my organization by 5. Everyone makes mistakes and we learn from our mistakes. There is always room for improvements.